Friday, March 18, 2011

Soak Up the Sun

I slept in and didn't really do a whole lot today. When I did finally have breakfast around 9:30, I threw open the windows...and discovered a gorgeous, partly-sunny day that was probably in the 70s...TOO warm for March in New Jersey!

Naturally, a walk was mandatory on a day like this. I didn't get to take as long a walk as I wanted to because it was getting late, but I did get one in. I just went down Manor and back around to West Clinton. It was windy and so warm, I didn't even really need my blue hoody sweater. I was fine in my short-sleeved maroon false-layered blouse.

When I got in, I had a quick lunch of yogurt, an apple, and my home-made granola bars and rode to work. Work was on-and-off busy, with some annoying customers and a distinct lack of help. A lot of the college students and teenagers must have had been a little too free with the green beer last night. One called out; several others complained about hangovers.

I went straight into grocery shopping after I finished work. I got lucky. The Acme is having their big $1 for bagged produce sale. I grabbed bags of broccoli and cauliflower tops, vegetables for stir-fry, a small bag of five clementines, celery, and bagged, salted peanuts in their shells. Grapefruit were 3 for $1.99, Granny Smith apples were 99 cents a pound, and strawberries were $2.50. I also needed brown sugar, canned diced tomatoes, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, and dried cranberries.

I have a pretty decent schedule next week. Slightly fewer hours, but otherwise, it's not bad. The only really late day is next Saturday. Tuesday and Thursday are once again my off days.

No comments: