Monday, June 20, 2011

Baker's Delight

I have lots to do this week before Lauren arrives on Thursday. Started today with a laundry run. Alas, my luck with avoiding crowds ran out this morning. It was busy as heck when I got in. For some reason, there were at least three or four families doing their loads today. I'm thankful I was able to get a washer and dryer quickly.

Put the clothes away as soon as I got home. Returned the floral tablecloth to the coffee table in the music area. (The old 60s-era plastic table I got from a yard sale is ugly without it.) I ate a quick lunch of leftovers, then did some baking. It'll be too late later in the week to bake! I made raspberry muffins and chocolate chip bars. The bars were a little hard, but the muffins came out very well. I used another recipe from that British cookie/muffin baking book I bought a few years ago. It called for oil and buttermilk, making it one of the lower-fat recipes in the book. The muffins are moist and sweet and tangy.

While everything was baking, I dusted the entertainment area. I'm doing major dusting, which means removing all of the DVDs and videos and stuffed animals and dusting under them. It takes a while. I just barely made it out to work on time.

Work was really busy all night. Other than a few annoying people, there were no major problems, and I was in and out.

No comments: