Thursday, June 02, 2011

Spring Is Here In Person

I wanted to clean the kitchen and go for a walk today, but I never got around to either. First of all, I slept too late. Second of all, I'm not as tired as I was, but I'm still hurting. My legs are KILLING me. My joints hurt something horrible. I wish I never had to move again. It's been months, if not years, since I've had back-to-back hours like this. I'm so stressed. I'm not used to working 35 hours a week...and by July, I'll be back to 20 or fewer, of course.

And I discovered when I went to the refrigerator to put something away that I'd accidentally left the freezer open slightly all night! I'd wanted to defrost it a bit - it's three-fourths ice - but not like this! Anything that had been in the front of the freezer, including the Breyers Cherry Vanilla ice cream and some meat, were half-defrosted. I closed the door quickly and left most of it inside for the rest of the day. I'm hoping that leaving it alone with let it all freeze again.

I did get some things in. It was much nicer this morning than it has been all week. It's still warm, but the humidity was replaced by a wonderful, cool wind. I was able to bake brownies this morning and granola bars after work. I also swept the porch both times. The debris and seed pods on my porch confirm most local complaints that this has been one of the worst pollen seasons on records. Usually, the "fuzzies" have subsided by now, but there's still some coming down.

Work was steady, but not quite as busy as yesterday. It'll probably be busier tomorrow, when people get their paychecks. There were still more people around than usual for a Thursday...which is normal for the beginning of the month.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Emma, you shouldn't refreeze meat.

Emma said...

What am I going to do with it, then? It's not that defrosted. I don't want to waste it. Meat's expensive.

Tina said...

Don't eat refrozen ice cream.