Thursday, June 23, 2011

Balance on Vacation

With so many things to do before Lauren arrived at 6:14, I decided to get an early start and some nice meditation in. It was spitting lightly and humid when I headed out to Yogawood this morning. It wasn't even doing that when I arrived in Collingswood.

Yoga was actually quite pleasant. We concentrated on standing and balance poses to stretch the hamstrings. Most of them weren't too hard for me to do. When the others briefly did headstands, I did a child's pose. It was too humid and stuffy to try pushing things.

Went straight to the Collingswood Library after work. There was a small pile of DVDs for me to do. I spent more time trying to rearrange the kids' section, which was the usual disaster. I also shelved my first Wii disc, Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures. Collingswood is the only local library I know of that rents Wii titles.

I was out of the library by 11:30. I had too much to do to linger for long. It was raining slightly harder when I rode across Newton River Park, dodging several dog walkers, but still not storming. My next stop was the CVS across from the park. I needed frames for all of the pictures of various siblings and nephews I've accrued over the past few years and allergy medicine.

Next up was my second library volunteering session of the day, this time at the Oaklyn Library. Their DVD section looked awful. They finally got rid of the last of their videos...but in attempting to move the DVDs down, they just got them out of order. The non-fiction is in with the fiction and nothing was alphabetical.

Since the Oaklyn WaWa is a few blocks from the library, I headed over there for lunch and for milk. They were a bit busy, but I got my skim milk half-gallon and turkey and Swiss junior hoagie without too much of a fuss.

The rest of the afternoon was spent at home, preparing for my visitor. I ate my hoagie and honey twist pretzels from the Acme. I gave the bathroom a quick scrub. I mounted photos of my nephews, Keefe and Jessa's senior pictures, a shot of my friend Jen in her Navy uniform, and a very nice picture of my sister Anny onto frames and set them on the antique dresser in the living room. I swept the porch. I cleaned the plastic deck chairs. I took the recycling downstairs. I sewed up my stuffed bear Bernice, whose underbelly split.

I was working on sewing Vert, another stuffed animal, when Jodie called. She'd showed up early, at 5:30, to pick up Lauren. Barely a minute after her call, I heard from Lauren. She was delayed at the 30th Street Station in Philadelphia - something about power difficulties.

Thankfully, it turns out Lauren was only about ten minutes late. She arrived around 6:25, wearing a sweater and jeans. She said it was in the 60s in Albany when she left this morning! Needless to say, she changed into shorts the moment we got in.

Lauren spent the whole day on a train, and I didn't have much money left on me. We've been hanging at my apartment tonight, watching Bowery Boys movies and National Lampoon's Vacation. Tomorrow, I need to get to the Acme to pick up my paycheck and grocery shop, then we'll probably just stroll around Oaklyn and Audubon.

No comments: