Monday, June 06, 2011

Beating the Heat

There were a few things I wanted to do this morning before it gets really hot again tomorrow. The big one was laundry day. It was pretty busy when I got in around noon-ish, but there were some washers and driers open. I didn't have a big load anyway and was in and out in less than an hour.

When I got home, I called Mom as I folded my clothes. I was glad to finally catch her after I kept missing her yesterday. She was taking a lunch break from working in her garden. She said I sounded much better than I did last week, and she's right. I do feel better. Between fewer hours this week allowing for more time for me to get other things done and a mostly enjoyable weekend, things are looking a little more "up" than they did last Sunday.

We also discussed the Acme's change in summer uniform policies. Mom told me the Acme clerks in Cape May County got fluorescent-colored T-shirts - bright pink, sun yellow, and sea aqua - to go with the area's beach bent. I'm glad I live up here. I look terrible in neon colors.

I had a quick peanut butter and plum butter lunch, then hurried to work. Work was very busy, with long lines all night long. This was not terribly surprising on the first Monday of the month. Thankfully, I was in and out without too much trouble.

I still had a couple of chores to do when I got home. I realized a few days ago that the front tire of my bike was wobbling back and forth. I have no idea how that happened. I'm wondering if it got loose when I fell into that hole in Newton River Park last month? I tightened the wheel, and it seems ok now. Both tires needed air, too, which meant breaking out the pump. After I finished with the bike, I delivered this month's rent around the front to Miss Ellie and took the recycling to the curb.

No comments: