Saturday, July 02, 2011

Back to Work

Before I spent most of the day at work, I did make it to the farm market this morning. Needless to say, they were packed with people buying produce and dairy for their 4th of July parties, picnics, and barbecues. Cherries, spinach, and peas are gone...but just about everything else is out, including peppers, Jersey corn, green beans, eggplant, peaches, and sugar plums. I ended up with Colby cheese from the dairy booth, organic zucchini and cucumbers, one ear of corn, green beans, a green pepper, sugar plums, small peaches, an eggplant, carrots, blueberries, red potatoes, and two tomatoes.

Even with rushing to and from the farm market, I still just barely made it to work. When I arrived, I could understand why they wanted me to work 8 1/2 hours today. It was off-and-on busy at work all day long.

People are usually in good moods on holiday weekends, and today was no exception. Other than some mildly annoying customers, there were no major problems. I was in and out quickly - picked up the Oatmeal Squares I forgot yesterday and laundry detergent on my half-hour break.

When I got home, I had leftovers for dinner and ran the disc in Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol. 6 devoted to wartime shorts.

No comments: