Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summertime Balance

I knew it was going to be a gorgeous day when I peered out my bedroom window this morning and saw no haze, only bright blue skies and brilliant sunshine. Indeed, the heat and humidity of the past few days were gone, replaced by fresh breezes and temperatures barely in the lower 80s.

Yoga class celebrated summer freedom by working on opening the thighs, buttocks, and lower back. I had to be a little careful on my knees today. My left knee is still sore from my close encounter with the Oaklyn Library's metal shelves yesterday.

Went straight to the Collingswood Library after class. There was a nice, full Storybook Hour and plenty of things to return and organize. Lots of kids asking for DVDs, too. I went upstairs for a little while, then came back down to shelve more.

I headed home around 12:30. It was so nice, after lunch, I made a Carrot-Zucchini Cake. It came out moist and flavorful and a literal slice of heaven. I also made chicken stock with the leftover chicken leg bones.

I went to work soon after the cake came out of the oven. I was on time, but I needn't rushed. It's the middle of the week and the middle of the month, and a lovely day, to boot. We were dead all night. I spent the last hour doing candy.

No comments: