Sunday, July 03, 2011

I'll See Them In September

Slept until quarter of 10 this morning. I had French Toast and sugar plums for breakfast while running Brunch With the Beatles. Ringo Star, whose birthday is Thursday, was in the spotlight. We heard "This Boy," "Act Naturally," "With a Little Help From My Friends," "Yellow Submarine," and "Octopus' Garden" from his Beatles days. Solo numbers included "Photograph," "Back Off Boogaloo," "You're Sixteen," and "Oh My My."

Had a very nice and long chat with Mom during the second half of the show. We both decided that it wouldn't be a good idea for me to come down there during August this time. Mom's babysitting Skylar and Collyn almost every day this summer, and she'll be teaching knitting at the Michael's in Rio Grande starting this week. Not to mention, traffic in Cape May County is perpetual pain the entire summer long. I'm going to take my second vacation week in early September instead, the week after Labor Day. I'll go down there and visit for a few days, then take a few days off on my own at my apartment, as I did last year.

My brother Keefe finally got his Navy enlistment assignment. I was very happy to hear that he won't be leaving until mid-January. That means he'll be here for his birthday in late November and the holidays. I was really hoping we'd get one last holiday season with him. I'm gonna miss that kid. I've always been close to him, and he's such a sweet guy.

I put together yogurt, a peach, and honey pretzel twists for lunch, then rode to work. Mom said it was raining in Cape May County and mentioned thunderstorms earlier. If we're gonna get them, they haven't made it yet. It was humid, windy, and cloudy this morning. The sun was coming out even as I rode to work.

Work was busy when I came in. Unlike yesterday, we had more than half the registers open and plenty of help. By the time I shut down with no relief, it had quieted down to nearly being dead. Other than a few mildly annoying beginning of the month people, there were no major problems.

Went straight home after work. I listened to my Take Me Along Broadway cast LP while having spinach salad, leftover burgers, and yellow squash with pasta and tomatoes for dinner.

I got online in time for The Dress Circle. The theme was the new cast albums released by British company Sepia. We heard selections from the London casts of The Music Man, The Most Happy Fella, and Once Upon a Mattress, and the original British shows Make Me an Offer and Follow That Girl.

No comments: