Tuesday, January 10, 2012

De-Cluttering

I woke up later than I planned, so I pretty much just did a few quick things around the apartment. I pulled out a lot more things to donate to the Logan Presbyterian Church on Saturday, including several more WebKinz, holiday tins, and another porcelain doll. I've pretty much decided I'm going to drop several collections that don't really do much for me anymore. I'm keeping four porcelain dolls I really like - sweet Lisa in her desk, Cindy Lou the sock hopper (who once belonged to my late stepmother Kaye), and Candi and Brandi, the turn-of-the-20th-century girl twins. The others never really thrilled me all that much. I'm getting rid of the majority of my Beanie Babies except for Gigi, the black poodle who was the star of a film project in college, a rabbit and chipmunk who sit on top of the baker's rack, and a few bears. As for the WebKinz, I probably have about 95 of them now. I don't need to keep all of the stuffed animal versions! In fact, I cleared out a bunch of WebKinz not long before the Collingswood thrift shop shut down. Time to do another batch.

I went online and checked out the business courses at Camden County and Stockton not long before going to work. There's a lot of small non-credit business and writing-related courses at Stockton that I wouldn't mind checking out, including a whole series on freelance writing. The online company used for Camden County College's non-credit courses have more expensive business management courses. I think they sound more like they're preparing you for managing a big company or being a secretary, not running a small at-home business. I may have to call them and ask for more details.

Thank goodness after the last few days that work was no trouble whatsoever. It was fairly busy during rush hour, quiet the rest of the day. My relief was on time, and I was in and out without a problem.

No comments: