Sunday, January 29, 2012

Quiet in the Riverside Rest

Actually, I didn't do a whole lot today. Mom was recovering from dental surgery and not up to talking; Lauren spent most of the evening with her parents. I kept things simple this morning; woke up late and listened to most of Brunch With the Beatles. They honored the anniversary of the Beatles' famous Rooftop Concert with lots of music from Let It Be and Abbey Road, including "The Two of Us," "Get Back," "Hey Jude," "I Me Mine," and "Come Together." Even my pancakes were simple. I nixed the usual added ingredients and made Whole Wheat Silver Dollar Pancakes.

Work was steady when I went in, crazy-busy when I left. I just barely got out on time with no relief. Lines or no lines, I needed a few things I'd forgotten or couldn't fit in yesterday - toilet paper, fruit concentrate for baking, and marshmallows. The express line was by far the shortest line, thankfully.

After I got home, I made a bathroom break, changed clothes, and went right back out again. I didn't want to put off the bank this time. There was a lovely sunset as I strolled down West Clinton Avenue to the White Horse Pike, all glowing molten red-gold-purple. That's one of the things I love about winter. With the leaves off the trees, I have a spectacular view of the sun setting on the river.

Spent the rest of the night working on inventories. This time, I moved the children's fiction to its own inventory separate from the adult fiction. I ran out of time to add more to the inventory; we'll see if we can work on that this week.

Oh, and my health insurance card FINALLY arrived. It must have came yesterday and I missed it. I guess my papers were at the top of the pile. This means I can return to looking for a doctor for a check-up.

No comments: