Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fast Balance

It was chilly and cloudy when I headed to Collingswood for today's yoga class. Despite the complaints, it was really more like it should be in March in southern New Jersey, probably in the lower-mid 50s. We warmed up by working on balance and on back stretches. I was up later than I should have been last night and wasn't up to a lot of pushing myself into pretzel shapes.

I didn't have enough time for the Collingswood Library after class - I had to work at 1 - so I just went straight home. I made bread pudding and watched Yogi the Easter Bear when I got in; ran The Rescuers while having a tasty tomato, salmon, and avocado wrap and romaine salad for lunch. The Rescuers ended just in time for me to head out to work.

Work wasn't fun. I was tired, and we were busy for most of the afternoon and I was stuck in Express with cranky people in a hurry. Not to mention, they're still in the midst of remodeling. The stalls for the bathrooms have yet to arrive. Nor has the new furniture for the back room; we're eating in the cafe again. (In fact, there were customers at the cafe when I had my break. I ended up eating in the back office.)

Headed to the gym after work to get my mind working again. I completely forgot they were having their St. Patrick's Day Open House this evening. Lucile Roberts was so busy, I had to wait a half-hour to get on the stationary bikes! At least I got a nice little ride in, and I did get finally get onto the leg weight machines.

Went to Bassett's BBQ after I left the gym. I had the same thing I had last time, the three sliders with cole slaw, tossing fries into the mix. The fries are the crinkly kind. They were pretty good, but there was a ton and I didn't finish all of them. Those sliders are really tasty. I had one of each - pork, beef, and chicken. I think the chicken was my favorite, but they all came out well.

No comments: