Friday, March 16, 2012

Into the Spring of Things

It was, once again, chilly and cloudy when I headed to Lucile Roberts for my second gym session this week. I got a later start than I would have preferred and just kept it short. It was a little busy, but nothing like yesterday, and there were no classes going on. I was able to get an elliptical machine and use the arm weight machines without a wait this time. I even got to see part of (last year's?) St. Patrick's Day Parade on channel 3.

Went to the Acme next to get my paycheck and do this week's grocery shopping. I used up both my whole wheat and regular flour and eggs doing this week's baking. Wanted to stock up on wheat germ, and they have bagged vegetables for a dollar this week. Replaced the diced tomatoes, ground chicken, and dark red kidney beans I used on chilli earlier in the week. It was a little busy there, but I was easily able to get in and out in less than a half-hour.

When I got home, I put everything away, had leftover chili and an avocado-tomato sandwich on one of the rolls I made on Tuesday for lunch, and ran Bowery Boys movies. Private Eyes had Slip buying a detective agency when a whack on the head gives Sach the ability to read minds. Sach is also at the center of Paris Playboys. He, Slip, and soda shop owner Louie Dumbrowski find themselves in France when Sach is discovered to be the double of a famous scientist.

Work remained busy for most of the night. We're still in the midst of remodeling, but they've at least put some of the old furniture in the back room now that the walls have been painted. The stalls for the bathroom STILL haven't shown up, though. On the other hand, they just got new freezers and cases for the dairy and pre-packaged deli items that are really nice, much nicer than the old ones.

I'm not terribly happy with my schedule next week. On one hand, there's nothing longer than five hours or later than 8:30. On the other hand, after tomorrow, I don't have my next day off until NEXT Saturday! It seems at least five or six people went on vacation next week. I hate it when everyone decides to go on vacation at the same time. I wish they'd make stricter rules about choosing vacation weeks. Lauren's bank has it that people pick the weeks they want to go beforehand, instead of randomly. I also wish I could find a job where the hours were more consistent. It doesn't work with grocery stores.

No comments: