Thursday, March 08, 2012

Windy Balance

It was absolutely gorgeous when I headed out for this week's yoga class. The sun was shining, the wind was blowing, and it was already in the 50s at 9AM. Perhaps the good weather encouraged good karma; the class was jam-packed when I came in. Karen emphasized heart-openers and squat poses; I had to be careful with these on my twisted, heel-spurred foot.

Went straight to the Collingswood Library next. There was a nice little stack of DVDs (and one Wii title) to file and shelve. Got the DVDs organized before the kids came out of Storybook Hour, too. There wasn't anything to do upstairs (just one book to put away), so I left early.

It was so nice, I bought a roast beef hoagie and a bag of red grapes at WaWa (after making a quick stop at Rite Aid - they didn't have what I wanted) and had a picnic in Newton River Park. It was peaceful and pretty. The sun sparkled on the green water; the wind blew through the trees, most of which were just starting to show new buds. There was one college student on the swings; a family was arriving just as I left.

Stopped at CVS next. I'm almost out of toothpaste, and they were having a good sale on Colgate Total. Ran into Jodie, who was picking up a few things for herself. I explained how busy I've been (which is why I haven't gone over there recently), and we traded groans about the Acme's sometimes frustrating remodeling. (The bread is clear on the other side of the store from where it used to be.)

When I got in, I went right back out for a walk. It was too nice to be inside! I ended up at another WaWa, this time for a Cherry Limeade Icee. The wind was whipping even harder now, and clouds could be seen in the horizon, but the sun still shown brightly. Dafodils have sprung up in almost every garden; the bush next to Miss Ellie's side of the house is starting to show those pretty coral-colored blossoms, and there's buds on the forsythia and lilac bushes.

Spent the rest of the afternoon doing research for my web site. Alas, I couldn't find any small-time copy editing sits on Yahoo. They were all big companies, or Craigslist freelancers. I need some idea of what people should pay for my services, especially people who are struggling with their businesses to begin with and don't have a lot of money. Maybe I'll check Google.

Ran more Monkees while getting ready to go. In "Monkees Mind Their Manor," Davy inherits an estate in England. Trouble is, he has to live there to claim it, which is the last thing he wants to do. If the boys don't help out, the estate will go to a drunkard playboy and his opportunistic lawyer.

Work was fairly empty when I came in and when I left, and busy only during rush hour. We had plenty of help, and this time, the computer worked just fine. I was in and out.

No comments: