Sunday, March 18, 2012

Jazz for the Quiet Days

I awoke to clouds, at least somewhat chilly temperatures, and the Brunch With the Beatles show. It was well into the episode before I finally started making Carrot Raisin Pancakes for breakfast. The theme was "Beatles B-Sides." A surprising amount of popular Beatles hits found themselves on the "b" sides of singles, including "Something," "Strawberry Fields Forever," "Act Naturally," "I Saw Her Standing There," "Eleanor Rigby," "Revolution," and "I am the Walrus." I tried calling Mom after breakfast, but she was dealing with my nephew Skylar; I'd get to her later.

I ended up spending most of a quiet early afternoon listening to my new Instant Replay Monkees set and mucking around online. I wish I could have stayed there, or gone outside to enjoy a day that had turned sunny and a bit warmer. Work was busy all afternoon, and we'd had call-outs and were short on help. I was surprised that we were so busy on such a nice day. Either a lot of people had to work this week, or there are a LOT of folks who wanted that 10 for $10 7-Up six-pack sale. My relief was the guy who is always late coming in from his second job, and I just barely got out on time.

Called Mom after I got home and changed back into regular clothes. Mom was between calls; she needed to call her sister Terri, too. She was thrilled to hear that I'd managed to contact a writer and had gotten some help. She suggested my next move be to calculate how much money I need to live for a month. It's hard for me to do this. I buy things based on how many hours I'm working a week. I never know how much money I'll have week after week.

No comments: