Thursday, March 01, 2012

Letting Balance Flow

I was already awake when the radio went off this morning. After yesterday's bad news, I desperately wanted to get my mind onto something more pleasant. Sore ankle or no sore ankle, I needed yoga today.

Much to my surprise, there was a man teaching the class when I finally hurried into Yogawood. It was far smaller than usual, too. His name was Scott, and he was a slender, rather pleasant young fellow. His emphasis today was on twisting and standing poses, which was fine by me. I was in no mood to push myself after the busy week I had and hurting my foot last Saturday.

Went right to the Collingswood Library after class let out. There wasn't much going on there. I did shelve a small pile of DVDs and organize the DVD shelves, but there were no other DVDs coming in, and nothing upstairs to put away. I left early.

It was still gloomy and gray when I left. By the time I got home, the sun was out, the breeze was nice, and it was getting warmer. I had two much-desired packages waiting for me on the porch, too. My last two eBay wins had arrived!

The larger box contained something I've wanted for a while. There was always one Effanbee Storybook/International hard plastic doll who eluded me as a child. I had to have Cinderella. Not just any Cinderella, either. The 70s Cinderella of my childhood who wore a huge mountain of white lace over a pink underskirt, with a matching lace cape and a silver crown. (The 80s Effanbee Cinderella's dress was still pink, but not quite as lacy.) Unless I see something at a thrift shop or yard sale I really fall in love with, I intend for her to be my last collectible doll. She's now on top of the closets, being guarded by my Effanbee Musketeer doll.

I managed to pick up another rare American Girl outfit last week, this one for Samantha. Her Talent Show Dress was released in conjunction with the short story Samantha's Special Talent. When the story went out of print, so did the dress. It's the prettiest dress in her collection, and it's so historically accurate, it's based after a real children's dress from a museum. It's soft pink Duponi silk, with a stiff black-and-white lace ruffled collar and sleeves and a gathered front. She looks so lovely in it, it was worth the $38 I paid. (I've seen this dress go upwards to $70 or $80 alone on eBay, amazingly enough.)

I watched Sailor Moon for a while as I ate lunch, then went online to do some research. I liked the site Linda mentioned in the comments, but I couldn't decide whether an eCommerce site would be appropriate, or a less expensive plain old website. I'll take a better look at that tomorrow.

Work was, despite this being the beginning of the month, only busy during rush hour. I got incredibly lucky during the second half of my shift. We're in the midst of training new cashiers. While the newbies worked the cash registers and took customers, I proved to be one cashier too many. I spent the rest of the evening putting candy away.

No comments: