Saturday, December 17, 2022

Out to Holiday Lunch

Got a quick start today! I was so caught up reading Christmas After All, I had a hard time breaking away. Barely had time to change and grab a very quick breakfast before dashing off to work.

Probably just as well. The Acme had its employee luncheon in the lounge area today. They provided hot turkey and roast beef, three kinds of macaroni and cheese, a fruit tray, croissant sandwiches from the deli, and soft pretzels. Someone brought in pasta salad and tuna salad. My cookies were joined by thick chewy cookies and butter sandwich cookies from the bakery, a huge pound cake, a cheesecake, donuts, and bowls of mini candies. I had roast beef, two pretzels, the most orange-y mac and cheese, strawberries, watermelon,  and pineapple from the fruit tray, a small slice of pound cake, and two sugar cookies. 

Work started busy when I came in at 11. I accidentally pushed the button for cash instead of check for an older woman's order at one point and was so embarrassed! She was good about it, but I felt really bad. Thankfully, it slowed down around 2:30-3 PM as people headed to their holiday get-togethers or to watch the World Cup or football. My relief was right on time.

Good thing, as I had my own shopping to do. I don't want to be shopping on Christmas Eve next week, so I stocked up on apples and tangerines. Bought a kit for chocolate fudge I've used before, and evaporated milk and pans for peanut butter fudge. The Acme seems to be the only store that carries the brushes for my Spinbrush. Had a coupon for free Acme bakery cookies; grabbed the chocolate chip, since I'm giving all the ones I made away. Ben & Jerry's is on sale with a digital coupon. I'm a fan of their Cherry Garcia, so I thought I'd try Cherry Crumble. Picked up Special K blueberry bars on sale, along with Made Good granola bars with less sugar. 

After I got home, I watched Supermarket Sweep while putting everything away and getting organized. This was their big Tournament of Champions from I think the early 2000's. I must have hit the finale. We had two Big Sweep runs, with six different pairs running around in the hopes of earning enough to win two cars. Team 3, a pair of younger guys, were ahead after the first round. They were just barely beaten in the second by Team 1, another pair of college-age guys who ended up winning the big prize.

Worked on writing for a while. Debralee is not going to let the Nutcracker get knocked down. She tackles two mice who go after him and ask them what they're doing. They were ordered to attack by their Queen, who is retaliating for the trapping of her people.

Watched Match Game PM after dinner, then finished the night with A Cinderella Story: Christmas Wish. I go further into this modern Yuletide fairy tale at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 

No comments: