Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Harts In the Rain

I got such a late start, I barely had time to eat before dashing off to work. Turns out I needn't rushed. The manager told me to sweep the store the moment I got in, then wanted me to do returns. In fact, I ended up bagging for the remainder of my short shift. Wish they could have told me that the head bagger ended up going in for one of the cashiers, then helped the many workers and stock people running around, painting and organizing and preparing the store for the big grand opening ceremony on Friday. (And I have to buy a black polo shirt for the occasion. Apparently, they don't just hand them out for free anymore.)

It was a sunny, if hot and thickly humid, day when I headed to work. Even as I finished gathering carts, heavy black clouds were emerging on the horizon. By the time I hurried home, they were very nearly on top of us. I dashed in as fast as I could and grabbed crackers, chips, hummus, and watermelon for lunch. 

Put on Down to Earth while eating lunch and putting my new sheet on the bed. I go further into this bizarre musical fantasy from 1947 with Rita Hayworth as a Greek muse who stars in a Broadway show on my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


Somewhere around 2 PM, I started hearing thunder. By 2:30, we were in the midst of a full-blown thunderstorm, complete with hail and torrential rain. It's rained off and on, sometimes heavily, since then.

Went down for a nap after the movie ended. I got up early today and will again tomorrow. I was dead tired. Everything's been so crazy lately, and I'm just not used to working early anymore. Slept for over an hour and felt a little better afterwards.

Worked on writing for a while after that. Joyce is shocked to discover when she lands that she's no longer in Burbank, but a beautiful world of glowing Technicolor green trees with purple flowers and mushroom houses with red and white dotted roofs. She's even more shocked at the feet sticking out from under the shed...and the little blue people who emerge from those tiny houses...

Broke for dinner at 7. I really wish Burr Tillstrom was able to bring his two friends back, even in syndication. The week they appeared on in Match Game '79 (including the PM episode) was too adorable. They admired a sweet immigrant from Peru and helped with "__ Sleeves" in the Audience Match.

Finished the night after a shower on The Roku Channel, starting with Hart to Hart. Jennifer isn't impressed with the antique car Jonathan supposedly bought for her birthday. It turns out to be "Murder In the Slow Lane" when two Brits desperately try to buy the vehicle, and then Jonathan discovers someone killed the man who sold it to him.

The third season opener of I Dream of Jeannie, "Fly Me to the Moon," has Tony and Roger training a chimp to help them pilot a new ship. Jeannie hears them complain about not having a human pilot and turns him into a human (Larry Storch). Not only does Sam like being a human, but Jeannie's gone off to the salon. Even when Tony does manage to get her on the phone, she accidentally turns Tony into a chimp instead. 

No comments: