Sunday, March 18, 2007

Luck Of The Irish

I had a rather long day yesterday, starting when I had to go to work. The neighbors who shovel snow for my landlady were just starting on my steps when I had to go to work. I tried to carefully get down the stairs, but they were just too icy! I ended up literally sliding down the snow-and-ice covered stairs and landed on the neighbor doing the shoveling! Thankfully, the snow broke both our falls. He seemed to be fine, and the worst I did was bruise my rear. Work was busy but, other than some grouchy people, not bad. Worst that happened was getting stuck between two teenage boys whose combined IQs were probably lower than their ages. Seriously, I've had better conversations with my mechanical stuffed panda.

Things went better today. I scraped more ice off my steps, listened to the Beatles show on Philadelphia classic rock station WOGL, and took down the St. Patrick's Day decorations this morning. (I also labeled the seasonal decoration boxes more clearly.) Work was a madhouse, but most people were in a better mood - for some, it was probably their first day able to get out of the house after the Friday winter storm. After doing some grocery shopping, my dad invited me over to a friend of his' house for an excellent dinner of chicken piccatta. (I even got to keep some of the leftovers, since the hostess is going on a trip on Tuesday.)

No comments: