Friday, March 16, 2007

Spring Feverish

Despite the ominous forecast, I succomed to my craving and baked some delicious Oatmeal Crunch Cookies (ie, Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies from my Live Longer Cookbook with added cornmeal and strawberry jam instead of apricot), then went for a pleasant walk in the park next-door to me. The blahh day couldn't lessen the gorgeous scenery at the park, which is on a penninsula where the creek meets at three sides. I really should go down there more often. (And I wish the local kids would be kinder to that cool tree on the very tip of the penninsula - it has graffiti and paint all over it. Do any of the parents around here teach their children to respect nature?)

Unfortuantly, shortly after my return from the park, I began to feel a bit nauseous and my head started aching. I'd had a mild sore throat and some congestion, but I hoped it wasn't anything serious. I took some aspirin and went to work, but it persisted.

Work did not help. The Acme was busy today, thanks to the hype about this winter storm. I don't know why one to three inches of snow and the barest hint of ice makes everyone around here panic, but it does. It's not supposed to get that cold or stay that cold for very long, and the last two snowfalls we had were barely around for a day or two before it would go back into the 50s and everything disappeared. Adding to this was several cranky customers and some sales being taken out of the computer before they should have. (Sales end today and should still come up.)

I still feel lousy. I called out of volunteering. I hate to disappoint Erica, but between the lousy weather and the lousy headache, I don't think I'd be much of a help tomorrow anyway.

No comments: