Saturday, March 24, 2007

Road To Moonlighting

Busy day. I ran errands this morning. Tried to get the record player working; it started acting weird again. I just don't know what's wrong. I've balanced it with the screw like the directions said, and it STILL won't work right, either playing too fast or too slow (and I do have it on the right speed). It can't be broken. I've had it for less than a year.

Work was on-and-off busy, probably due to the occasional showers, but when it was on, it was insane. It was backed up when we left because, for some reason, they scheduled two cashiers to leave at the same time, and another cashier wasn't supposed to arrive for a half-hour! The managers and a stock boy ended up coming in for us, which isn't right. I really wish they'd be more careful with things like that.

I ran to the Wal-Mart behind the Acme where I work in Audobon after a quick pizza dinner at a nice little Italian restarant/pizzaria nearby. On one hand, I didn't find what I was looking for, which was some nice, simple spring decorations and cardboard picture cutouts to hang on my wall. That Wal-Mart is a bit of a pain, which is why I only go there about once a month. It's always disorganized and cluttered, they're always out of most of the sales items, and while I've never had any trouble with the salespeople, the other customers are often rude and obnoxious. (Probably some of the same people who make my Acme job miserable.) Going there is like going to Big Lots or a warehouse store - you never know what you might find.

Case in point tonight - while I didn't find any good Easter stuff, I DID pick up the fifth season of Moonlighting
for $19.99, cheaper than even Amazon.com carries it, and grabbed The Road To Zanzibar out of the 2 for $11 DVD bin. "Road To Zanzibar" is the only Bob Hope-Bing Crosby-Dorothy Lamour "Road" movie I've never seen besides the rare "Road To Hong Kong."

No comments: