Thursday, November 15, 2007

All Alone In The Dark

A fairly dull, depressing day. I awoke to rain and assumed it would be gone by mid-morning. It wasn't, of course. It didn't end until around 4. It rained too hard for me to make it to the library this morning. I spent the morning earning WebKinz cash to buy Miles another room, a living room. Now two CDs I forgot about are late. Oh, well, I'm hopefully off tomorrow, too. I'll go to the library then. I probably won't have the chance to make it next week.

I finally gave up and headed to Collingswood on foot around 12:30. I dropped off another bag of donations at the thrift shop, then had lunch at the Treehouse Cafe on the corner of Haddon Avenue and Collings Avenue. I had an Italian Soda and a warm, wonderful veggie quesadea. "Italian sodas" are just seltzer and flavored syrups; I had a pretty hard walk and wanted something cold. I chose pecan in honor of the Thanksgiving season.

I was slightly late for counseling (lunch took longer than I thought it would), but nothing embarrassing. Scott and I mostly discussed my getting involved with groups...and trying to get around the hurdles that prevent me from joining groups, namely, I'm scared to death of them.

It's impossible to join a group when you don't know the people. It's easier online, when you can't see anyone, but I'm afraid of what people will say or how they'll look at me. And what will I say? I can never think of anything to say to people. I sit there and look like an idiot. It's so much easier to join groups in high school and college, when you know everyone and everyone knows you.

I stopped at WaWa and got a Rice Krispie Treat for a snack and half of a 12 oz hot chocolate (and forgot to get what I went there for, which was milk), then stopped at the Eckard's (it's still Eckard's; the one next to the Acme in Audubon officially switched to Rite Aid a week or so ago) and bought a present for a friend and one of those cheap Advent calenders with the awful plastic-y "chocolate." I toss the chocolate, but it is a simple way of marking the days before Christmas.

I did yoga and had pork and sweet potato stew for dinner, then went online and had a bit of a disappointment. Lauren and I were supposed to work on the role-play tonight, but something came up with her and her dad and she didn't want to come on. I always look forward to our chats and was hoping to talk to her tonight.

No comments: