Wednesday, November 28, 2007

We Did It!

As Dora the Explorer often says, "We did it!" Lauren and I completed the NaNoWrite program this month with our Monkees role-play story. Since we'd planned on making this a long story anyhow and have been writing so much lately, we figured...why not? Lauren will be posting the rest of the story and a short comic epilogue at our site tonight.

That's not the only thing I've found I can do lately. I'm getting a LOT better at pilates. Unlike yoga, pilates mat work doesn't require a lot of trying to hold poses. With yoga, I'll fall over because my balance isn't great, but with pilates, you just bend and move. I can do all of the beginner moves listed in the book, most of the intermediate, and about a quarter of the advanced. Compare this to when I first began in May, when I could barely pull myself into crunch positions and could do the beginner, a few intermediate, and one advanced move.

I spent the morning and early afternoon finishing my Christmas decorating. I put up all of the small items, the cardboard cut-outs, the displays on my baker's rack, the doll/Santa statue display on the top of my bookcase, and the small tree (complete with tiny glass balls and a mini string of non-operational lights) on the top of the shelves where my Sailor Moon and Care Bear toys are. Everything looks as good as it's gonna get for now.

After I finished with the decorations and had lunch, I headed over to the Haddon Township Branch of the Camden County Library for my first volunteering session since mid-November. I did books on surviving natural disasters, learning about and healing personal problems like family and drug abuse, and began the true crime. What a mess THAT was! I guess the just-past hurricane season had everyone worried. I eventually took out two Disney comic books, a book on job hunts, and two of the three American Girls holiday books I've never read, Josephina's Surprise and Addy's Surprise. I've read all of Addy's books but the last one, but this is the first I've read in Josephina's series.

I did some quick shopping after leaving the library. Looked for Christmas gifts, but didn't see anything I liked. When I came home, I did my pilates and had a cozy chili and pear muffin dinner.

Oh, and I talked to my sister Rose today. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing for Christmas; I may try to get together with her and her boyfriend, since that worked well at Easter.

No comments: