Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Turkey Trouble

Thankfully, all I got after last night's brouhaha was another scolding from Jill that pretty much said the same thing as Linda's comments from my last entry - calm down, don't take things so hard, don't be so hard on yourself.

It's a lot easier to remember that when I'm awake. I was tired last night, and I was again tonight. While my temper didn't blow, we did run into a very big problem. We ran out of turkeys. Some of the managers tried to give rain checks, but who wants turkey after the fact? We later found out there'll be a shipment tomorrow morning, but that didn't please a lot of the people who wanted their turkey NOW or were working or busy tomorrow.

I did my laundry and pilates this morning (probably the only time this week I'll be able to fit in pilates, given my long hours). Tried to find out from Bruce when dinner is; all I got was "sometime in the afternoon." Oh, well, I'll go late morning and see what happens. Oh, and I made Grandmother's Famous Cranberry Bread, with fresh (not dried) cranberries as a thank-you gift to Dad and Jodie for having me over.

No comments: