Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Bless the Turkeys and the Children

The day before Thanksgiving dawned sunny, breezy, and actually a bit TOO warm for this time of year...but that was good enough for me to run to the Oaklyn Library and return The Thanksgiving Treasure, Christmas In America, and Cranberry Thanksgiving. On my way to the library, I passed a gaggle of preschoolers from the little preschool on West Clinton Avenue and their teachers who were on their way to the park next to my apartment. They were so cute. They and their teachers waved to me and said "hi!" I waved back and wished them all a Happy Thanksgiving! Really made my day.

Work was insane busy, with lines into the aisles for most of the night, but I expected that. This IS the day before the biggest food holiday of the year in America! Thank goodness, we seem to have received more turkeys some time this morning and there were no riots. In fact, most people seemed to be in a good mood, and most orders were small ones, just things people forgot.

No comments: