Monday, November 10, 2008

Autumn Balance

It was windy and chilly but sunny when I headed to Yogawood for today's class. With most area kids off from school today, many people who usually attend the class are busy taking care of their little ones. There were only seven people in class today, counting Jill. On one hand, it was really rather pleasant. You could sweep your arms out without bumping elbows, and with fewer people to pull ranks, I was briefly able to chat with a few of the women after the class.

On the other hand, I'm still having some difficulty with a few moves. I still can't do head or shoulder stands, or anything that involves long shoulder support or lifting onto my shoulders. I guess they just aren't that strong. I can get on my legs as long as I don't have to try to bend my knees too hard, but I don't work my arms as much as my legs.

I debated doing the laundry when I got home, but I decided I didn't really want to rush it. I have tomorrow off, so I figured I'd do it then. I remembered that tomorrow's Veteran's Day while on a short walk to Doria's Deli for sliced turkey. I was going to do the library after helping Erica out in the thrift shop in Collingswood tomorrow, but the library won't be open, so I'll do my laundry and rake the leaves in the front yard (which are really bad) tomorrow instead. I spent the rest of the afternoon after I got in doing stuff online and editing this month's Monkees role-play.

Work was steady, with no major problems other than my relief was late. One of the managers was nice enough to step in for me. It was still very windy on my way to work, but the wind had subsided by the time I got home, and I had a fairly pleasant ride to and from the Acme.

No comments: