Saturday, November 01, 2008

Cleaning Days

I finally got to cleaning the bathroom and the kitchen today after putting it off for most of the week. Both rooms were really scuzzy. I've never seen the bathroom sink this bad. I shouldn't have put it off for so long, but I kept running out of time earlier in the week. I also took down the Halloween decorations and put up what I have for Thanksgiving. I know it's kind of early, but I really have no desire for Halloween to linger this year. Oh, and I pumped my bike tires. The mountain bike was really low, and since I did one, I figured I'd do the other.

Other than that, this was a fairly quiet day. I worked early, 9 to 2, and other than the usual obnoxious beginning-of-the-month people, there were no problems. I did some grocery shopping after I finished work. I needed to restock my fruit, celery, yogurt, yeast, butter, plastic storage bags, and applesauce.

I watched the Strawberry Shortcake DVDs this morning while eating a bowl of Total. I really liked Rockaberry Roll, which sees the comeback of the kids' pets and several characters from the earlier stories who were MIA in Big Country Fun, notably Huckleberry Pie, Peppermint Fizz, and Rainbow Sherbet. In the first one, Strawberry, Angel Cake, Ginger Snap, and Orange Blossom start a band, but can't figure out how to play together. Peppermint Fizz joins the girls in the second story. She can play the trumpet...but not very well. We learn a little about why Peppermint acted like a brat in earlier episodes. Like me, she simply lacks confidence. The kids play a trick to help her feel better, but it only causes more problems. Strawberry finally gets her practicing instead (and gets around her tendency to be lazy), and while she'll take a lot more time to be a virtuoso, it's good enough to make sweet harmony with the rest of Strawberryland.

No comments: