Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful for Snow

Faced with the prospect of a dull morning (I didn't work until 2:30 today and had no plans), I decided to go for a walk. I returned the two videos and one of the books I took out of the Oaklyn Library, then headed over a bridge, past Market Street in Audubon, and down to Pine Street. Willie the Woodsman and Wife, the little gift shop with the great WebKinz selection, has advertised having some of the newest WebKinz on their e-mail list for several weeks now. Not only did they have the one I wanted for a friend, but the kind owner said she was expecting a shipment of the newest WebKinz tomorrow! Hopefully, they'll be there the next time I go up there. I didn't get anything for myself. I treated myself to a chai tea from The TreeHouse Cafe and a cupcake from Desserts by Design instead.

It was cloudy when I headed out. Shortly after I left the Oaklyn Library, it began to flurry lightly, nothing really big. It stopped before I got to Willie the Woodsman's, and by the time I was ready for work, the clouds were breaking up and the sun was out.

Work was really busy tonight, though thankfully there were no major problems other than a few obnoxious people who wouldn't help bag or fussed about it. My relief was late, but he's always late, and it was dead by the time I was done at 7:30 anyway. I went straight home to chat with Lauren and finish off this month's very long Monkees story.

Incidentally, according to Yahoo!Weather, we were supposed to get snow showers tonight. We must have just missed them. It just sprinkled on my ride home, though it looked like it may have rained harder before I got out.

Oh, and Rose finally got back to me this evening. Yes, we are going down to Mom and Dad's in Erma together for Thanksgiving. She said she'd get back to me on Wednesday night.

Ow! I just smacked the underside of my arm against the doorknob on the emergency door to Miss Ellie's side of the house while walking back to my bedroom from the kitchen. It's still a little sore.

No comments: