Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gathering the Leaves

Fairly simple day today. I spent the afternoon at work. Work was steady for most of the day, more than it usually is in the middle of the week. Either a lot of people still have off after yesterday, or more folks are opting to get ready for Thanksgiving early. Either way, the day went quickly. There were no problems, and my relief was on time.

There were more leaves to rake after I got home and changed my shirt. The path that leads to my apartment was completely covered with a thick layer of golden leaves. I'm not sure why there were so many. I guess it comes from the leaves that land on the roof and blow into the pathway. In any case, there must have been three times as many leaves on the side of the house than there were out front! It still only took me about a half-hour, but it was a good work-out. I love raking leaves. It's such good, solid work, it gets me outside, and it feels so...crisp. It was really a beautiful day today, too, mid-50s, with crisp, fall-smelling air and wavery sunshine.

No comments: