Monday, November 24, 2008

Raining In the Holidays

I ended up spending almost the entire day at work. The head cashier called me around 8:30-9AM. Did I want to come in and work around 10-10:30? No, not really, but I needed the money. I made it in around quarter of 11 and worked until 6:30. It was busy almost the entire time, and while there were no really major problems, I haven't worked an 8-hour shift in ages. I came home tired as heck and with a splitting headache, which has only somewhat subsided.

I called Mom when I got home. I forgot our usual call yesterday. She's fine. Getting ready for Thanksgiving and for the arrival of my sister Anny's new son soon. The baby is due any day now, and that includes Thanksgiving. (If she has the kid on Thanksgiving, Rose, Daddy, and I are in charge of the food. Mom will take her to the hospital, and Keefe will watch Skylar, Anny's 4-year-old son.) Dad had gone out to WaWa for ice cream, when he's not supposed to be eating ice cream. Mom says he won't eat light ice cream. No one can figure out why, since most light ice cream tastes the same as the regular stuff or better. Must be a big-guy-macho thing.

It was sunny when I went to work this morning, but it clouded up sometime in the afternoon, and by the time I made it home around quarter of 7, it was damp and a little humid (though not as bad as a week or so ago). It started pouring about a half-hour later, when I was eating scrambled eggs for dinner and watching "Centennial," and it hasn't let up since. It's supposed to be sunny and in the lower-mid 40s for Thanksgiving and the rest of the week, which is fine. That's only slightly colder than it should be for this time of year.

No comments: