Monday, December 08, 2008

Cold Balance

Brr! It was barely 30 degrees when I headed out for yoga class this morning. I was late getting out and they'd already started when I got in. It was a pretty tough class, too. We did some moves I'd never done before, including one where you put your foot against the wall, stretch your arms out, and balance on the other foot. Not easy, especially since, while my balance has somewhat improved, it still isn't that great. I didn't fall over, but I couldn't do it for very long. We did a lot of shoulder balancing, too. Maybe too much. One arm is now a bit sore. I guess I overdid it.

I went straight home after yoga class ended. The Christmas Toy was overdue. The librarian at the Oaklyn Library was really sweet and said I didn't have to pay one day's overdue, but I gave her a dollar anyway. The library needs the money. Oaklyn's talking about shutting it down, which I think is ridiculous. Oaklyn needs that little library. Where would the kids go to take books out, or people use computers?

I ran to WaWa after leaving the library for milk. (Incidentally, while a half-gallon of skim milk went back up to $2.69 at the Acme, it dropped to $2.39 at WaWa.) I also bought turkey for dinners at work this week and also had butter and a roll for a snack and a small cup of Pumpkin Latte to get some warmth back in me.

Though it was very cold and a bit cloudy, the wind was gone, and it was fairly easy to get to and from work. Work was steady to busy, with a few obnoxious customers (including a fight between an older woman and a disabled man, the latter of whom started putting his order on the belt before she'd finished hers because she was taking forever and he thought she was done) but otherwise no problems. I was in and out.

No comments: