Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Laundry in the Moonlight

Today was Laundry Day. There was an awful lot of it, too, since I had three days off last week and the last of the baking to clean up after. I watched The Backyardigans while it was in the laundry machine and a double-length Go, Diego, Go! episode after it was in the dryer.

The Backyardigans was a repeat, but it was a favorite of mine. Uniqua teaches Pablo a lesson in sharing and in playing with a group in "Blazing Paddles." Pablo the Ping Pong Bandit wins everyone's ping pong paddles with his amazing Bandit SlamIt move, including Sheriff Uniqua's. Uniqua vows to return to her friends and show Pablo how ping pong is REALLY played...with two people.

Diego and Alyssia took their turns with story-telling in "Moonlight Rescue." Diego tells a story of how Luna the Moon is broken apart by a comet and falls into the ocean. He, Alyssia, and Dooga the Sea Turtle have to rescue her and put her back together so Dooga's babies can follow the light of the moon to the ocean. A rare Go Diego foray into fantasy, and an enjoyable one. I wish more sea turtles came up to Cape May. I'd love for them to eat the jellyfish that occasionally wash up on shore in the heat of the summer...and sting anyone who steps on them!

I made a short trip to CVS while the laundry was in the dryer for toothpaste. Uncle Ken and Dolores were there when I got back. Dad and Jessa weren't around at all this morning. Dolores told me they went to visit relatives in Pennsylvania. Dolores chatted with Linda, one of my neighbors on Manor (and my landlady's sister).

I had just enough time to eat lunch, put away my laundry, make dinner, and change into my work uniform before heading to the Acme. The weather today was the same as yesterday - a little windy, otherwise mid-40s and sunny, perfect for this time of year. The Acme was busier but also otherwise the same as yesterday. There were no major problems other than long lines during rush hour, and I had no relief and was able to get off quickly.

No comments: