Monday, December 15, 2008

Tough Balance

Aargh, this was NOT a good day. I had a hard time with Yogawood. We were doing a lot of fairly complicated moves, including ones that involved a lot of twisting, holding one up on one's arms, and balancing on one foot. I'm not good at balancing, my shoulders aren't very strong, and I'm not very agile, either. I feel sore and annoyed. I was the only one in the class who really had trouble. Everyone else seemed to do it just fine, including two men.

I went to the Friends In Deed Thrift Shop after class. Erica called me late last week, claiming the head manager desperately needed help Monday morning. I figured I'd do it, since I was going to be in Collingswood for yoga anyway. Turns out she never told the manager I was coming in, and the manager called in two other volunteers. I did do a few things for about a half-hour, but with two other people there and many things to be done this week, I ended up heading home earlier than planned.

It's just as well that I did leave early. I was able to stop at CVS for eggs and do some more baking. I did the Peanut Butter Cookies today while running Christmas records, mostly albums from The Joy of Christmas and Great Songs of Christmas series. The Peanut Butter Cookies came out fairly well, despite having to rush them. They were nice and crumbly and VERY peanut-buttery (I put in a little more than called for). I ate lunch, put the cookies in the Christmas Ziploc containers to give them away to family and the Acme's employee holiday luncheon, and headed off to work.

I wish I hadn't. Work was a pain in the rear end tonight. It was busy, and I was dead tired from yoga class and getting up early and staying up late. I was not up to dealing with obnoxious idiots. One old man threw a fit when the bag of chips he thought were on sale weren't. I brought him the one that was, but I'd taken the chips off his order because I thought he didn't want them. Turns out he DID want them and was VERY angry that I hadn't put them back on! He walked off muttering and complaining about how terrible the store was and how terrible I was and how he wouldn't shop here again and why didn't he go to perfect Shop Rite? I just kept yelling "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" after him. I was so upset. Why did he get so angry over a bag of chips?

At least something's going right. At press time, the Philadelphia Eagles continue their run for the play-offs by running over the Cleveland Browns, 30-10, with 2 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter.

No comments: