Friday, December 12, 2008

A Loaf of Bread, A Jug of Iced Tea

Today was a very quiet day. I was going to rake, but though the rain had stopped by morning and the sun finally came out, I figured it would be too wet for raking, so I worked on editing this month's Monkees Role-Play and made more French Bread for my sandwiches for work instead. The bread came out really, really well, some of the best I ever made. It's so nice and soft and chewy, with a crackly crust. I used a cup of whole wheat flour and wheat germ in addition to white bread, and it gave it a lovely nutty flavor.

Work was steady, not too bad...but my relief was late, and it took me longer to go grocery shopping than I thought it would. It wasn't even as big of a trip as last week, too. I mostly needed things for the cookies and breads I'm planning on making next week.

Oh, and we're finishing up this month's Monkees Role Play holiday story right now. Look for the main story by the beginning of next week and more vignettes by Christmas!

No comments: