Friday, December 26, 2008

'Twas the Night After Christmas

...And all through the apartment, things are fairly quiet, and have been all day. I spent most of today at work. Work was steady to busy, with a definite lack of help (ahem, that's what happens when you don't give people enough hours during the week of THE biggest holiday of the year - this is a bad time to be cutting back). I got my schedule during my break. I have more and better hours next week, and the two days I have off are New Year's Eve and New Year's Day! (I really need to ask for Christmas Eve off. I feel bad, asking off on a busy day, but it couldn't hurt to ask.)

Someday, I'm going to have lots of people over my house to visit me, and I'll be able to bake for them and make them dinner and play games with them in MY house, with MY family. I really want to be a part of my own family, not just breezing and saying hello and giving cookies, but really being there. I want people to come and visit me all the time and stop saying "no, I'm too busy." I want to know there are other people in this area who are like me.

No comments: