Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Balancing Hot and Cold

Did Yogawood today. We tried some different moves, "moon" salutations in honor of the just passing full moon, instead of "sun" salutations. For the most part, I liked them. There were a few I had difficulty with. I'm not good at balancing on my thin shoulders, and I'm still nervous about the crow-squat pose that requires you to squat down, lean on your hands, and lift your body. There's still a lot of me to lift.

Jill, the teacher of the Monday and Wednesday classes, had a great announcement when we finished - she's pregnant! Her second child is due in August. She was so happy. She loves her little boy so much. She says she'll continue to teach class basically until she has the kid (thought obviously she won't be able to demonstrate as many moves).

It was a beautiful day for a big announcement. In fact, it was in the mid-60s and sunny, really TOO warm for February. I was on my way over to the Collingswood WaWa for a drink when I realized how wobbly my handlebars were. They'd fallen over the other day, and the handlebars had been pushed way too high since. A lady at Collingswood's Borough Hall was nice enough to help me fix and tighten them. I did get a drink from WaWa (fountain Cherry-Vanilla Coke Zero) and made a quick stop at Doria's Deli down the street from me for turkey lunch meat before heading home.

My apartment was so warm I opened every window I could when I finally got in, deciding to take a rare opportunity to air out my apartment in the middle of winter. I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning the bathroom and working on Valentine's cards and getting as much of my rent as I can afford together for Miss Ellie. I did get the rent to Miss Ellie and put the cards in the mail as I left for work.

Work was mostly steady-to-dead tonight, with one minor slip-up when I accidentally typed in $60 when a woman had only given me a 20 dollar bill and the other woman with her got upset because she needed the right amount on the receipt. There was also some excitement in the last half-hour when one of the teenage managers lost her store keys. Every available cashier and manager on the front end (including me) searched high and low for those darn keys. She finally "found" them when a customer returned them. Poor kid must have dropped them in the bag by mistake!

The wind had picked up while I was at home. By the time I was headed to work, it was whipping around hard. Still, I had a pretty good ride to and from work, and it remained warm. (I think it's supposed to get colder starting tomorrow or on the weekend.)

No comments: