Monday, February 23, 2009

Ms. Fix-It

After Cheerios for breakfast, I went over to Dad's to put the my laundry in the washer. Dad was home...and so was Uncle Ken, finally home from the hospital. He looked frail, but was up and around eventually. Uncle Ken's daughter Samantha and her little girl Faith visited later.

While the laundry was in the dryer, I borrowed a can of WD-40 from Dad and set about doing what I could to fix my bikes. I tightened the handlebars on the mountain bike, got the chain back on the blue stationary bike, and lubricated both bikes as well as I could without using up Dad's can. At the very least, the blue bike wasn't making as much noise as it had been before.

After I brought the laundry home and put it away, I had lunch, made some "Starbucks" Pumpkin Pound Cake from the Fast Food Fix cookbook, and worked on my Animated Film Inventory. I made a rather annoying discovery when I finally headed to work - while the mountain bike did make somewhat less noise than before, the handlebars refused to remain tight. They just came loose again, worse than before. I barely made it home. I had to tighten them AGAIN. I hope the bolt that holds the handlebars steady isn't stripped or broken.

As for work, it was busy, which isn't unusual for a Monday at rush hour, but we were low on help. (Especially since one teenager who was supposed to have taken someone else's hours must have forgotten about it - she never showed.) It did slow long enough for me to get off work on-time, though.

No comments: