Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Why Should We Hang Around and Wait For Summer Days To Celebrate?

Rose and I did get to Yogawood today...but the building wasn't open when we arrived at 9:20. Rose had a class and didn't want to hang around, and Collingswood hadn't quite cleared their sidewalks yet, so we just went back to my apartment. I made her tea, and we had a nice sisterly chat. She's feeling much better mentally after spending a week in the hospital, but she's now behind on classes. I just hope she doesn't literally drive herself crazy again.

I spent the rest of the morning doing my finances and working on my budget. As I figured, it would appear I didn't spend nearly as much last month as in December, which is as it should be. It'll likely be the same this month. I'll be getting my tax refund soon, but I'm definitely not going to blow a quarter of it on DVDs this year. There are a few things I genuinely need - cheap errands sneakers, a new CD/cassette player - but a lot of this is going into rent, bills, and the dentist.

It was a really lovely day when I finally headed for work. It was cold, but the sun was out and did melt a little of the snow. Some kids were out of school today, including most Philadelphia schools. Most New Jersey public-school kids had delayed openings. The roads were clear enough for me to take my bike. It was windy but nice, a little icy but nothing like the snow/sleet storm we had last week.

Work itself was dead as a doornail for most of the night and only picked up a little around the usual rush hour. I was out on time and there were no major problems, even with beginning-of-the-month people.

No comments: