Tuesday, February 17, 2009

La Gateau Rouge

Though I worked at noon today, I did get a few things done. I took down the Valentine's decorations after breakfast, then got started on my first Red Velvet Cake. I've wanted to make myself a Red Velvet Cake ever since Mom made a delicious one for Christmas years ago. There was a recipe for Red Velvet Cake included in the Recipes Lotion Box Rose and Craig gave me for Christmas, so I decided to try that. Other than my fingers are now cherry-red from the food coloring, the cake came out beautifully..and is tasty, too.

Work itself wasn't a problem, but I had bike trouble going there. I've been using the older bike because the handlebars on the other one are two steps from falling off. As I was riding down the Black Horse Pike, the chain on the stationary bike came loose. I was able to get off before it got worse and two of the stock men were able to fix it when I got into work, but it was annoying and almost made me late.

Though today was utterly stunning for this time of year, sunny, windless, and in the upper 30s-lower 40s, one of my customers claimed we may be getting four to six inches of snow starting tomorrow. The customer after her looked at her funny and whispered to me that they might get that up north around Trenton, but we're more likely to get rain.

At press time, Yahoo!Weather says they're both right: snow in the morning, giving way to rain and snow in the afternoon, becoming all light rain by evening.

No comments: