Friday, February 20, 2009

Blown Off-Balance

Despite the cold day, the continuing wind, and the fact that I still haven't heard from Rose, I finally decided to stop putting off Yogawood and just do it. Some difficult moves today, including ones that involve a lot of leaning on my hands. My shoulders are just so much less developed than my legs. You don't use your arms for bike riding and walking! I'm wondering if I should look into buying inexpensive hand weights.

I went over to the thrift shop after class. Erica wasn't there, but I did find some nifty stuff - a pair of pretty spring-themed place mats (colorful flowers on a green background), a vintage 1971 Bednobs and Broomsticks Golden Book, and a cookbook by Alton Brown, the hilarious star of Food Network's Good Eats. The cookbook cost me $5, almost all the money I had on me and fairly pricey for a hardback from a thrift shop, but it was worth it. I haven't gone through all of it, but like Good Eats, it's funny and filled with good tips.

Since I was now broke (and cold), I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon editing our newest Monkees role-play stories. I'll try to see if I can get them up sometime this weekend.

It was a cold, windy ride to work, but I wasn't going to even attempt to call Dad for a lift - he's probably at the hospital with Uncle Ken (as he should be) and anyway, I really hate getting a ride when it's sunny out. Work was mostly steady until rush hour, when it picked up considerably. I had no relief and was a little late getting off, but there were otherwise no problems.

No comments: