Monday, May 11, 2009

Ants' Story

I slept in this morning and had a late breakfast, then cleaned the kitchen. The sink wasn't too bad, but there's a film of dust from the trees outside all over the house, and I've had ants. I sprayed around the sink, along the wall where the windows and front door is, around the walls in the bathroom, and under the windows in my bedroom. It didn't seem to help; I saw two more ants on the living room table tonight. I'll do some more spraying in the morning.

After I finished the kitchen, I had lunch and decided to make more muffins. This time, I settled on a simple recipe from one of my British baking books, Yogurt Honey Muffins. They're low-fat, too, using only half of a stick of butter (I used one of the Smart Balance Blend sticks) and plain yogurt, with honey for sweetener. They weren't very lemony - I think I should have used more lemon juice - but they smelled wonderful baking and tasted a bit like soft graham crackers.

Work was steady-to-busy, and there were quite a few annoying people tonight. I hate working late. I had one of those ridiculous old ladies who asks you every five seconds what something costs and holds up the line. Um, there's huge signs all over the store about that cereal sale. Were her eyes really that bad?

The weather did not help. It was cloudy and cool for most of the day. It looked like it got sunny around 5-6PM, but it appeared to be cloudy again when I rode home at 9.

No comments: