Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day Among Books

It was a cloudy, cold, dreary day when I finally got up this morning, a far cry from the hot weather we had over the weekend. It was nice to finally be able to turn off the air conditioner and the fan, and I was able to bake chocolate chip muffins this evening. On the other hand, the weather was dismal. By the time I finally made it out to the library, it was showering. I wasn't dripping when I got in to Westmont, but I was fairly wet.

The Haddon Township Library was hopping today, not a surprise given the weather. There were stacks and stacks of books and DVDs to be put away, and the librarians were just adding more and more to the pile as they signed in more stacks of just-returned items. I finally brought back the X-Man book. Yes, it was on hold. No, I couldn't renew it, despite having not even read it. I settled on a Wolverine novel and decided I'd try the big book again later in the summer. I mostly shelved the piles and piles of DVDs before heading out.

Made some quick stops across the street at the Westmont Plaza. I looked at JoAnn's to see if they had a gift for Jessa for her graduation. Nope. Went next-door to Super Fresh for a box of Hodgeson Mill Wheat Germ, which Acme no longer carries. I've been out of wheat germ forever. (They only have the expensive wheat germ in the glass jars.) Stopped at the WaWa on the White Horse Pike for milk and a toasted custom-made turkey Ciabatta melt sandwich.

By the time I got home, the showers had gentled down to sprinkles. Even so, I spent the rest of the day inside, reading and listening to jazz and Disney soundtracks. Rose did drop by later, but only briefly. She said she was tired after her summer classes. (She also showed me the huge bruise she got when she fell down the narrow, steep steps to hers and her boyfriend Craig's apartment. Ouch! It was big, purple, and nasty.)

Oh, and I called Mom after getting in from the library. She was fine. She spent most of the weekend outside working on the yard, which is why she never heard my calls on Sunday.

No comments: