Friday, May 15, 2009

Finishing the Spring Cleaning

There was a massive thunder storm last night shortly after I posted my blog entry - lighting, sonic booms, raining cats-dogs-and-chickens, the whole works. Thankfully, the last of it was long gone by the time I finally got up this morning. The Acme was the first stop. I picked up my paycheck and did some grocery shopping, mostly yogurt, fruit, and restocking my whole wheat and unbleached flour. The Acme was steady when I came in, a little busy but not too bad.

Went straight home after that and unpacked the groceries. I ate spinach and the last of the crab salad for lunch, then went on my second errand run of the day, this time to the bank. The bank was dead as a doornail, and I was in and out in less than five minutes. This wasn't surprising. By this time, the sun was out in full force, and it was hot and a little bit humid. I walked down to WaWa to treat myself to a soda fountain Coke Zero with cherry and vanilla syrups, then headed over to Doria's Deli for turkey meat and dark brown sugar, then went home.

The rest of the afternoon was spent finishing the cleaning and reading The Chinatown Death Cloud Peril. I swept the porch. The fuzzies are gone, but there was a lot of other small leaves and debris leftover from last night. I'm hoping keeping the porch largely debris-free will help keep the ants at bay somewhat. I then made my bed, vacuumed, washed the windows, and dusted.

Had a wonderful dinner of cold barbecue chicken leg, sauteed asparagus, and mashed sweet potatoes before going online.

No comments: