Sunday, May 24, 2009

Let It Be...Hot

After a long chat session with Lauren last night, I slept in good and long this morning. I made peanut butter pancakes and tried to call Mom. No one picked up at her house, so I left a message and tried calling Rose. Didn't get her, either. Once again, left a message. It might be just as well. I had just finished sweeping the porch and listening to this week's Beatles show on WOGL (the album "Let It Be" was in the spotlight today) when I got a call from work. They were busy and there was a call-out. They needed me to come in early.

Unlike Thursday, this was not a problem. I hadn't had any real plans for today, anyway, besides just hanging out. Work was, indeed, busy when I came in, but by the time I finished, it was nearly dead. I guess everyone went down to the shore after all.

Or maybe they were avoiding the heat. It was cloudy and windy when I got up this morning, and while not as hot as yesterday, it was still pretty warm. I turned the air conditioner on last night and turned it back on this evening (after taking a stab at letting the nice wind blow in).

No comments: