Saturday, May 16, 2009

Goin' Down

First of all, my Internet's been acting screwy all day. It'll go down for as long as 20 minutes to a half-hour. It did this at exactly this time of year last year, too, according to my blog. If this keeps up, I'll be calling Verizon first thing Monday. I pay enough for their service that this shouldn't happen.

Maybe it's the humidity. It was warm, cloudy, and stick-to-you humid when I got up this morning. I watched the Strawberry Shortcake episode about the girls putting on their own version of Cinderella and had bananas, grapefruit, and shredded wheat for breakfast before heading out on the usual Saturday errand run. I picked up three CDs (two Harry Connick Jr - one is Christmas CD - and one John Mayer) at one yard sale but had no luck at another, and I didn't see any others.

The farm market was packed to the gills, three and four deep at some tables. It took me a while to pick up carrots, sweet potatoes, asparagus, and a green pepper. I was going to get strawberries there, but they cost five bucks a quart! Uh, no. I'd get them at the Acme, where they were on sale.

I tried to get online when I came home, but it kept going off. I ended up working on editing the Monkees role-play instead. Had applesauce, sauteed asparagus, and the last barbecue chicken leg for lunch. Used the chicken leg bones and pieces to make chicken stock.

Work was fast, with a lot of annoying people. We seem to be having a huge sale on crab legs, and seafood sales always bring out a lot of Camden people with chips on their shoulder, for some reason.

No comments: