Saturday, January 16, 2010

All In A Day's Work

Which is what I did all day - work. Today was my long day. I was originally supposed to work from 12 to 5, but was asked earlier in the week to come in at 9:30. Unlike Tuesday, this wasn't a problem. I had no real plans for this morning, other than dusting, which I can do next week.

And also unlike Tuesday, we really needed the help. It wasn't bad when I came in or when I left, but between 10:30 and 3:30, we were swamped. There were very long lines all day, and we kept having to call stock people and bakery people up front to help. Thank goodness, other than a few cranky people and some trouble with those annoying free pot-and-pan promotional stickers, there were no real problems and the day went very quickly.

I debated eating out, but I finally decided I'd spent enough time around people today. I bought Daisy-Go-Rounds from some Girl Scouts outside the Acme, then headed home. I had leftover Beef and Sausage Stir Fry on brown rice and romaine salad for dinner, then made frosting for the Peanut Butter Cake I baked yesterday. The Prevention cookbook I got the cake recipe from also had a chocolate frosting recipe. My frosting tends to come out too runny or grainy, but this one suggested using a food processor to make it. This time, it came out beautifully, nice and smooth. The cake tastes absolutely amazing.

No comments: