Monday, January 18, 2010

Uncivil Mornings

My morning did not go well. First of all, the grits I made burned and got stuck to the pot. When I tried to get them unstuck, I pulled too hard at the pot handle and broke it. I love that saucepan. I bought it in the ARC thrift shop in Rio Grande before college, and I've had it ever since. I'll have to try to get to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and buy a new one - I'm not buying cheap cookware from Wal-Mart again. And then I lost my last pair of contacts down the sink right before going to work. I spent so much time looking for them, I was almost late getting out!

At the very least, it was a gorgeous day, sunny and in the upper 40s-lower 50s. Work, once I finally made it there, was pretty much the same as the weekend, very busy. We were shorter on help this time, too, probably because it's a holiday, and my relief was almost late. Also didn't help that my stomach's felt funny all day long. I wonder if the grits somehow gave me heartburn.

Hope everyone else's Martin Luther King Jr. Day was a lot more pleasant!

No comments: