Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Vikings Storm In

Though I didn't sleep as long as I did last week, it was still fairly late when I finally got up for breakfast - not a good thing, as I had 11:30 work today. I made Apple-Cinnamon Pancakes and listened to Monkees records. It was raining then, a nice, steady shower. It was also too late to call for a ride. I took the bike to work and got wet.

Work could have been worse. It was pretty much the same as yesterday - busy, with long lines, but this time, we had more help and people were generally in a good mood. I was in and out with no problems. Rode home and got wet again.

I had debated going to Uncle Ken's to see if anyone was around, but I finally decided I just didn't want to go back out in the weather. I hung around in the apartment and called Mom instead. I'd called her earlier, but she was busy. Turns out she was busy with my brother, arguing over his not-terrific grades.

Mom was happier about my sisters. She finally told me what Rose and Craig are having - a boy. I'm going to have another nephew in May! Anny seems to have a new boyfriend whose parents own a farm 45 minutes from Erma, which apparently was where she, Keefe, and the little boys had been the day before.

She also told me that the Minnesota Vikings killed the Cowboys in a major blow-out, 34-3, much to the delight of everyone in the Philly area, I'm sure, including my Vikings-loving cousins Karen and Jim. New Yorkers have a reason to be happy, too - the Jets got past the Chargers. Also moving on - the Saints and the Colts. (Is anyone surprised with the latter two? They've been kicking rear ends all season.)

I worked on editing this month's Monkees role-play after finishing with Mom. Ate chili and a romaine salad while listening to The Dress Circle, which I haven't done in a couple of weeks. The theme today was "All-Women Chorus Numbers." I'm wondering if they raided my CD and LP collection, because there were quite a few numbers I actually have. I recognized "Playing Croquet" from Little Mary Sunshine, "The Cell Block Tango" from the original cast of Chicago, "Big Spender" from the original cast of Sweet Charity, "Put 'Em Back the Way They Was" from the 1956 Broadway Lil' Abner, and "Turkey Lurkey Time" from Promises, Promises (though I really like the jazzier version I have of the last-named on my Broadway Christmas CD, rather than the original cast version heard here).

No comments: