Sunday, January 24, 2010

Too Late Now

My morning did not begin well. I tried to squeeze myself into those Gloria Vanderbilt pants I bought for work on New Year's Even and just ended up breaking the zipper. I had to force them apart to get out of them! This means I'm down to one pair of work pants. Good thing I don't really have that many hours this week, anyway.

I tried calling Mom while the Beatles show was on, but no luck. It was nice to get to hear the whole Brunch With the Beatles show, for a change. Today's theme was "Beatles B-Sides." While most of the songs were throw-aways, some of the B-sides matched or were even better than the featured numbers, including "If I Fell," "Strawberry Fields Forever," "Revolution," and "Day Tripper."

Tried Mom again around 1, about twenty minutes before leaving work; got her this time. She said she was at home earlier, but had been busy working on things on her sewing machine. We had a very nice talk about my boredom and winter blues. She suggested taking up crocheting. We'll see. I get into things, but I always lose interest before I can finish them. I've never been very good at crafts, either.

She suggested that I need to work on my self-discipline, and she's very right. That's why I can't lose weight, either. I'm not good at making myself do things. I start stories and projects, but I'll get bored half-way through and never finish them. I get these huge ideas, but I never know how to get them on paper or onscreen.

It was cloudy and relatively warm, probably in the upper 40s-lower 50, when I headed to work. Work was the same as yesterday, very, very busy, and like yesterday, there were no major problems and my relief was on time.

I went to Tu Se Bella's behind the Acme after work for pizza. It was spitting a little when I left, but by the time I got out, the rain was gone again, and it was just back to being blah. I was going to go to Fashion Bug and look for work pants, but they close at 6 on Sundays, so I just rode home after dinner.

Hit the shower and listened to The Dress Circle when I got in. "Songs Nominated for an Oscar in the 50s But Lost" was the them tonight. I came in half-way to hear the lovely "Too Late Now" from the 1951 MGM musical Royal Wedding. We also got the title song of April Love, performed by it's stars Shirley Jones and Pat Boone, and the famous title song of Tammy sung by Debbie Reynolds.

I called my sister Rose this morning and asked her if she wanted to go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I really need to replace the saucepan with the broken handle with something nicer than you can get at Target or Wal-Mart. She finally called back this evening. She was, as usual, busy, in the middle of making a cheese ball for a birthday party she was having for her boyfriend Craig, studying for school, and trying to get her puppies Kelsey and Toby to behave. She's really excited about having a boy. She said she and Craig are already getting the baby's room together, and my mom and Craig's mom have given them a lot things for the baby already.

No comments: