Thursday, May 27, 2010

Close To Balancing

Started today with yoga class. I almost didn't make it, but I'm glad I did. It went very well. Once again, it was a busy class, about 14 counting the teacher Karin. We concentrated on headstands and preparing for them today. I'm now able to do a half-handstand, with my feet on the wall. I can even take one foot off the wall. I'm not quite ready to get on my head yet...but I'll take this! It's a big improvement, and I'm very happy with it.

After a quick stop at the thrift shop to drop off donations and say "hi" to my friend Erica, I headed for the Collingswood Library. With most people there concentrating on the kids' Storybook Hour, I just returned DVDs and organized them.

Went straight home after class. There was something I wanted to do last night, but my Internet was running slow. Now that it's (literally) up to speed again, I can cancel my Weight Watchers account. I haven't been doing it as much in the past year or so, and it doesn't seem to be helping me as much as it used to. I'll still keep track of what I eat in my food journal, and I'll still try to lose weight and eat the right things, but I'm going to try to find other ways of doing it that works for me now.

Though it was still sunny by the time I headed out to work, there was a very nice breeze. My bike rides today were quite pleasant.

Work was mostly steady all night. I had a few problems with people from Camden trying to buy every sale cheap to re-sell at chop-shops. I'm through playing their games. They can buy however many the sale says, and that's it. No more. They can't come back in and get more, they can't use 5,000 coupons and hold the line up, and they can't get the coupons back after they whine that the order isn't as cheap as they want it to be. I'm not enabling them to do something that's essentially illegal and takes inventory away from customers who need it.

It was much, much cooler when I headed out. Sometime around 7, the sky suddenly clouded over. It had rained very briefly, but all it was when I went home was windy and cloudy. It still hasn't rained, but I've heard thunder and it's downright cold out there. Needless to say, I turned the air conditioner off.

No comments: