Monday, May 24, 2010

Party On Ice

First and foremost...woo hoo! Congratulations to the Philadelphia Flyers for reaching the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time since 1997! It's been a long, crazy trip...but here's hoping they'll keep up the amazing job they've done in the post-season against an equally Cup-hungry Chicago Blackhawks!

Otherwise, today wasn't terribly exciting. I slept in and headed for the Haddon Township Library first, after a quick stop at Super Fresh and the newly-opened Party Fair store a few doors down. I put away DVDs and kids' books. They weren't too busy, but I was also there around noon-1PM, so most people were probably at lunch. I took out four books on handling stress, dealing with low self-esteem, and breaking out of a comfort zone that's too stifling to stay in...but too hard to leave.

It was about 2PM when I rode over to the Bagel Shop for lunch. They were pretty dead, except for one couple and an older woman reading a newspaper. I listened to CNN's coverage of the huge oil spill in the Gulf Coast as I ate my egg, cheese, and spinach sandwich on a plain bagel and fried potatoes. (Switched to a bagel from a croissant. I don't really like croissants. They're always too flaky and greasy for me.) It was quite tasty.

Spent the rest of the afternoon at home. I read the self-help books, dusted the Ikea and heart shelves, and gave the Sailor Moon dolls and Star Wars action figures magic eraser baths.

And it's a good thing I got in when I did. About 20 minutes after I got home, it started pouring cats and dogs. It's showered off and on for the rest of the evening.

No comments: